Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Meade Girls Shoebox Swap

On Saturday, I went to a Shoebox Swap hosted by our own hostess-with-the-mostess Amanda, at one of the recreation centers on Ft. Meade, Maryland.  When I mention "shoebox swap" to my non-card-making friends, they think I'm doing something with shoes, and they give me funny looks (as they know I am so not that into shoes).  So I try to explain that each person designs a card and makes "kits" for each other person attending the swap.  You put all the materials in a "shoebox" (actually, no one uses a shoebox - you can use any sort of decorative box or basket or whatever), then everyone continually "swaps" boxes until you have made one of each card kit out of each person's box.  It's basically an all-day thing as we start in the morning and finish around 5 p.m.  During that time, we work on the cards and eat and talk and eat and joke and eat, and oh, did I mention eat?  There were 22 of us at the swap (23 if you count Flat Gloria who constantly caused Jane to misbehave), so at the end of the day, we all left with 21 beautiful cards (or 22 if you count your own sample card that is in your own box).  Clear as mud?  Good.

So, above is the card I designed.  I called it "Daisy Doily" - or was it "Doily Daisy?"  I can't even remember at the moment.  Yes, that is an actual paper doily.  They are fun to use on cards.  Anyway, I provided 2 samples so folks could choose if they wanted to do it vertically or horizontally.  You can view ALL of the great swap cards on my friend Mary's blog My Stampin' Hide-Away.  I heard that the next Ft. Meade swap is in April.  Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Angie, your card was such fun to make! The doily was perfect! It was fun sitting with you! See you in April if not before!

    ReplyDelete