Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Merry Kissmas!

Before this past Christmas, I made this card and liked it so much that I was going to make a lot of them to use for my Christmas cards this year.  Well, that didn't happen.  Nevertheless, I was determined to keep making them because I simply liked the color combination.  So, little by little, I've been making different versions of the same card, some horizontal, some vertical, using different ribbons, and mixing in different color coordinating cardstock, etc.  I think I have about 10 done so far.  I am hoping to keep making them until I run out of paper, or just get tired of it - whichever comes first.  The goal is to have plenty of Christmas cards done well in advance of Christmas this year.

I found the faux postage template somewhere on the web.  It's just a Word document with four postage blocks that print on one sheet.  You can modify it to suit your needs, such as moving the postage amount to whichever corner you want, etc.  I haven't tried flipping it sideways to make the stamps horizontal yet.

One thing I realized after I made these is that postage will probably be more than 44 cents by Christmas.  I guess that really doesn't matter.  I'm going to use up the blocks I've already printed out at 44 cents and worry about changing the amount when it happens.  Actually, maybe I should just take the amount off now that the Postal Service is making more of their stamps the "forever" stamps.  I'm so glad they decided to do that.

The stamp I used in the postage block is a from an old SU tag set that I don't know the name of because I am too lazy to go downstairs and look :) 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have that set- it was one of the first ones I ever bought from SU about15 years ago! It was when SU offered both wood mounted and foam mounted. I got foam because they were cheaper...NOT a good idea! Good luck with getting your cards done! You're really making progess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo pour les idées originales.

    ReplyDelete