Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Branson, Missouri

My friend, Denise, and I decided to travel to Branson, Missouri, for a vacation get-away.  We picked the rainiest week they've ever had - combined with a record-breaking number of tornados in the State. 

The St. Louis airport was partially closed, but we had no problem flying into it on Sunday. 

There has been a lot of flooding here as well.  They opened the dam - second time in 12 years.  The road over the dam was closed soon after we drove over it!  Yikes!

Nevertheless, we're determined to have a good time, and we are seeing lots of shows.

Today (Thursday) the weather is beautiful!  Tomorrow is supposed to be even better!  We fly back on Saturday - there's supposed to be some thunderstorms that day.  Oh well.

But I digress...I wanted to tell you about the great scrapbook store we found in town!  It's called Scrapbooks Forever.

Now, we've been to a LOT of scrapbook stores in various states, and in all honesty, this was a really nice one!

We were surprised to find such a nice store here!  They had a lot of stuff I had not seen elsewhere.

 
We both picked up some stuff.  Denise (in the blue and white top above) is a big scrapbooker, where I am basically a card maker.  BUT - I have good intentions to do some scrapbooking, so I picked up some things for that just in case :)  I got some really cute rubber stamps.  Now I just have to come up with a card to use them on.  Guess I'll be working on that when I get back.

See ya!

1 comment: