Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Who's Your Mummy? (Tutorial)

This card is totally CASEed.  If anyone knows who is the original creator, please let me know as I would love to give proper credit.  I posted a similar Who's Your Mummy? card back in February - without instructions.  I used this card as my Shoe Box Swap card yesterday (Meade Girls Halloween/Fall Shoebox Swap), and since I had to write instructions for that, I figured it was a good time to share them with you.  Have fun!

 ~ Supply List ~

Paper - SU! Very Vanilla, Really Rust (retired - pick your favorite shade of orange), Basic Black Whisper White


Ink - SU! Creamy Caramel (retired - pick any beige or tan)
Accessories - Circle Punches: 7/8", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" ; sponge, paper cutter, scissors









1.   Sponge the fronts of the Very Vanilla pieces with Creamy Caramel.

2.   Sponge the edges of the Very Vanilla strips.

3.   Tie long thin strip of Very Vanilla into a paper knot – sponge it with Creamy Caramel. (Note: it really is possible to tie the knot - just don't try to pull it tight, tie it the best you can and flatten it out)

4.   Assemble/adhere eyes using:

a.       1 ½ circle punch: Really Rust

b.      1 ¼ circle punch: White

c.       7/8 circle punch: Black

5.   Adhere eyes to large piece of Very Vanilla.

6.   Starting at the top, adhere the strips of Very Vanilla.

7.   Turn over and trim off excess strips.

8.   Assemble card using Black card base, Really Rust layer, then Mummy face.

9.   Adhere knot to Mummy face.












4 comments:

  1. This card was SO much fun to make! I love it! I'm hoping to make some more before Halloween gets here. It was good seeing you yesterday, although we didn't get much time to talk. See you again soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, the origional idea was from Angie Kennedy Juda of Chicken scratch fame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Thanks for posting the directions, I was wondering how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anonymous...I've emailed AKJ and will give credit once she gets back to me to confirm.

    ReplyDelete