Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Cheer the h*ll up!

I made this card for a good friend who had surgery recently.  On the way to the hospital to visit one day, another friend calls me to warn me that the patient is "in a mood" and fussing at everyone.  Ok, so I walk in her hospital room and she's on the phone crying, complaining, hating life, threatening to walk out, blah blah blah.  So, I hang out with her a while and start asking questions, and realize, she's missing a medication she normally takes, and it's been 3 days.  Not good.  In a nutshell, I tell the nurse, she calls the doctor, my friend gets her medication...all is well by that evening :)

She's home now recuperating and doing really well.  Her favorite color is purple - hope she likes the card!  I'm sure she will, but even if she doesn't, it makes me laugh!

And...I've entered this card in The Play Date Cafe Challenge #99.  I just ran across the blog and they are doing a challenge featuring the colors lavendar, soft yellow, and white.  Perfect for my card!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love, love, love this!!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all that bling, Angie! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great reading the background to your fun card. I'm sure she will love it. Love the sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete