Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Decorative Cigar Box #2

Here is my second attempt at a decorative cigar box...first attempt at home without assistance.  The paper used on this is from the DCWV Mariposa stack.  Aside from the paper used, one of the main differences between this box and the first box is the knob.  On the first box from class, we used stacked buttons.  On this box, I used one of the Tim Holtz knobs.  Since these knobs are basically for use with chipboard, I had to go to the hardware store and purchase screws that were longer than the ones that came with the knobs so that the screw would fit through the cigar box lid.  Then, on the inside, you have to cover the screw head with something because it is not decorative and isn't flush against the surface of the box.  I finished off the box by outlining all of the outside paper panels with a pretty gold ribbon.  It was a PITA to do, but it really made a difference.  All in all, I think it came out good!  Looking forward to starting on my next box.






6 comments:

  1. OMG Angie! It's BEAUTIFUL! You did an awesome job. I love the papers & embellishments you used & the feet are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Angie! Love the papers and the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did on this. I see you got a knob. Did you find the right screws to attach it. Love these papers. You are so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! You rocked this box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is beautiful!! I can't wait to learn how to do these!

    ReplyDelete