Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Teacher, teacher!

Yeah....that would be me :)

On Saturday, April 14, 2012, a group of 9 of us gathered together at Jane's house for an Altered Cigar Box class.   To say it was a fun day would be an understatement.  Despite many "I don't know if I can do this" comments, ALL of the boxes turned out awesome!   It's not difficult, it's just a bit time consuming - and it helps to follow directions!   (It also helps to remember to relay "all" of the directions to the students....ask me how I know...right Theresa?)





I love power tools!
Here I am drilling a hole in Mary's box so she can add her knob.

And here are ALL of the finished boxes. 
(Well, almost finished...folks will bling out the tops when they get home.)

I'm looking forward to doing another class soon!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I admit I was one of those "I don't think I can do this" girls...but...Angie was a great teacher and they really aren't as hard as they seem...the hardest part is picking out the papers you want to use!! Thanks, Angie, for showing us how to do this! Now I can hardly wait to make another one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want in on the next class.......just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but you fixed it Angie, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all looked so serious. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Boxes, but please help me !I love the card with the dress on it , I want to make a card for my granddaughter 's birthday like that, Im sorry I just can't understand the folds ,i'v tried a 4 inch dollie and a 6 inch dollie just not working for me. I can't figure out what Im doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel kind of STUPID right now! I went back over it again . I got it !. I was adding one fold too many. LOVE THE CARD!and THE BOXES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you get the feet for the cigar boxes??

    ReplyDelete