Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Magical Monday - Waste Not

WOW!  This is my 100th Blog Post!  WhooHoo!

So, this week's challenge at There's Magic In The Air with Paper Cupcakes is: Waste Not.

The challenge is to make a card or project with something you have recycled. It can be a coke tab, recycled game piece, tag, etc.

For my card, I used the Paper Cupcakes image: Cadee with Sunflower. Only, I covered the top of the sunflower with my recycled flower made from three (3) Coke Zero cans run through the Big Kick with the Stampin' Up!/Sizzix Daisies Die #2 (retired) and a button for the center. Pretty cool, huh?


Play along, upload your recycled card or project, and you could win FREE images.


8 comments:

  1. Angie,
    Wow, your card is adorable and the sunflower turned out really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess it really isn't a sunflower anymore unless it's a black and red sunflower :)

      Delete
  2. Great Card Angie and I love the coke can flower, the three layers of it are very effective! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually two sets of the 3 die flowers, but the can doesn't completely fit over the die. I'm able to get the two larger flowers cut with one can, so I needed part of a third can to get the last 2 flowers cut...if that makes sense.

      Delete
  3. Cute card, Angie. The coke zero can really made a pretty flower. How neat. I used a soda can on my card for this challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw you punched a can...I have not tried that, but it turned out great for your card!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job Angie, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I needed to let you know that Nina has been without power since yesterday morning so there probably will not be a TMITA post at the normal time. She will get it posted once her power is restored.

    ReplyDelete