Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Doily Dress Place Cards

After seeing my Doily Dress Card in a previous blog post, I was contacted and asked if I could be hired to do place cards for a bridal shower.  My initial reaction was to decline the request inasmuch as I'd never sold any of my paper crafts...I do them for fun.  But...I thought about it, and I had some extra time, so I said what the heck.  So, "Aunt Donna The Bomb" (inside joke) provided me with the bridal party colors and a basic description of what she wanted. 

The original sample I made was a normal-sized A2 card. 

 
She then asked if I could make the cards a little smaller, so I modified the dress (folded the doily tighter) and cut down the card.

 Long story short, everything turned out great, and I had my first (and only, so far) satisfied customer :)


3 comments:

  1. This card idea is really nice dear. Thank you so much for sharing it here. I think I can use it for my party at New York event venues. As I am planning the party myself with assistance of their staff, so such ideas are really helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you don't sell your cards. You do amazing work! I love this design.

    ReplyDelete